3 rounds, all strict
- 9 DB press [35#/30#]
- 12 band-assisted ring dips [red band]
- 15 pushups [12-9-2 strict]
- 20 band-assisted pullups [green band]
In 2012 I wrote a post about everything I felt grateful for on my 32nd birthday. I didn't follow up on that post in 2013 because I was busy buying a house and getting ready to be a father. But now that I'm 34, I think I have just as many things to be thankful for.
Comparing the list from the 2012 post and my running tally on my About page, I see:
- Summited Humphreys Peak of the San Francisco Peaks [Time 3:30 to summit]
- Hiked Mt. Elden Lookout Trail in 78 minutes
- Attended Appleseed rifle training course
- Built a safe direction
- Attained 2nd and 3rd degree in the Knights of Columbus
- Attained 4th degree in the Knights of Columbus
- Became a father
- Bought a custom home
- Built a laundry pedestal
- Built a work bench
- Installed custom built curtain rods
- Repaired an out-of-warranty ceiling fan
- Built a activity board for my son
I did well on my reading as well, getting in 36 books last year, not counting children's books. In the last year, I made progress on two major goals: I submitted all the paper work for my first patents, and paper I co-authored is nearly ready for submission.
Over the past year, as my son has approached todderhood, this has largely turned into my CrossFit blog. There don't seem to be as many hours between his bedtime and mine as I would like. Everything is as it should be.
- 10 handstand pushups [1 abmat]
- 15 deadlifts [185#]
- 25 box jumps [24"]
- 35 pullups
- 80 wallballs [14#]
- 120 double unders [DU/SU]
- Run 400m with a 25# plate
Last time 28:35
I'm not faster, but I am stronger. 50 more pounds on the deadlift, kipping handstand pushups, and 10 more wallballs, in the same amount of time.